The Samsung Galaxy A50 is the first phone to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor, and it is the first phone that will support the Android 11 platform when it is officially unveiled in a few months. Now, we have already seen the stable version of the new A50 firmware, which is based on the Android 10.0.0 OS version.
One of the best things about the Galaxy A50 is its ability to enjoy the latest Android storage features, thanks to the recently announced Android 11 update. The update is in the process of rolling out as of this writing, and it’s even available for the Galaxy A50. If you don’t want to wait for the update to hit your device, you can check if the update is available for it by going to Settings >> About phone >> System updates >> Now check for system updates.
Last month, Samsung announced that it would be releasing the Android 11 update for the Galaxy A50. Now, we have news that the update is available for download. The A50 received its first software update in early February, and the newest software version for the device is Android 11.0.
In a few weeks, Samsung will start rolling out Android 11 updates for budget phones. And the Galaxy A50 is another budget phone to join the Android 11 list. The Android 11 update for the Galaxy A50 will be available for users with One UI 3.1. The update brings many new features and latest bug fixes to the Galaxy A50. To find out all about the Android 11 update for the Samsung Galaxy A50, click here.
It’s no surprise that the Galaxy A50 is getting the Android 11 update with One UI 3.1, as a number of mid-range Galaxy phones have already received the update in recent days. This is the second major update for the Galaxy A50, after it received the Android 10 update as its first major Android update last year.
The Android 11 update for the Galaxy A50 is now rolling out in India. It is available with firmware version A505FXXU7CUB8. There was some doubt as to whether the Android 11 update would be available with One UI 3.0 or One UI 3.1, but that has now been settled.
Galaxy A50 Android 11 update based on One UI 3.0. The Android 11 update also brings the latest March 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A50, which fixes a number of known security vulnerabilities. To learn more about the new features, please refer to the Change Log section.
Samsung Galaxy One UI 3.1 Update – Changelog
We’ve updated the look and feel of One UI 3 in many small and big ways, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the DeepL access bar and notifications. Movements are smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. The user interface adapts to different screen sizes to provide the best possible experience on all devices, whether it’s a phone, foldable device or tablet.
We optimized One UI 3 by improving dynamic memory allocation to make applications work faster and more efficiently. We also reduced background activity to improve performance and power consumption.
The best structure
- New image categories have been added to the dynamic lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- You can add a widget to the lock screen to check the usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when you install the wallpaper.
- The setting of the permanent display and lock screen is simplified.
- Add a call background to see a photo or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can change the order and lock the tabs.
- Bixby Routines has even more features to help you automate your life.
- New icons and widgets on the lock screen make it easier to find and manage your routines.
- Use digital wellness with separate personal and professional profiles.
Start screen and lock screen
- Add widgets by long tapping the application icon on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping an empty spot on the Home screen or Lock screen. (Configure this in the Settings > Advanced > Gestures menu).
- On the lock screen, tap the clock area to display widgets such as calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- Show calls separately in the notifications panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat programs.
- Easily delete duplicate contacts stored in the same contact account. The retention period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from one screen.
- Added a message bucket to keep recently deleted messages for 30 days.
Photos and videos
- Shoot faster with improved autofocus and auto-exposure.
- View, edit and share photos and videos more easily with Gallery.
- Find photos and videos faster with our new search, categories and gallery.
- You can restore edited photos to their original version at any time, even after saving, so you won’t lose any images.
- The settings have a new, simpler look. Your Samsung account appears at the top of the page for easy access to your home screen settings.
- The new search functions make it easier to find the settings you are looking for. You get better results if you search for synonyms and common typos, and you can also click on the tags to see groups of related parameters.
- The shortcuts have been reduced to the most frequently used functions. You can also add buttons to create your own customizable access panel DeepL.
- The number of languages in which participation can take place has been increased to 370.
- Simplified pasting of copied images and verification codes from text messages.
- Added emoji suggestions and stickers when typing emoji text.
- Improved keyboard layout for more space when entering web and email addresses.
- Keyboard settings have been reorganized for easy access to frequently used settings.
- New treatments are recommended based on your daily life and usage patterns.
- Bixby routing programs allow you to restore everything to its original state before running a program.
- On the web, you can hide the status bar and navigation bar for a deeper experience, and quickly translate web pages.
- You will be asked to block websites that send too many pop-up windows or notifications.
- You can browse and select files from the cloud drive on the file selection screen under My files.
- You can now delete cached files under My files to free up space easily.
- Events with the same start time appear together in the month and in the calendar list.
- Use the location of your phone or tablet’s app icons in Samsung DeX to see where everything is.
- Open the touchpad from the navigation bar on your phone or tablet.
Easy management of media and devices
Media and device management is simplified with an improved media panel in notifications. You can view the most recently used media applications and quickly switch between playback devices. You can also start uto quickly by selecting it in the Connections menu of the Preferences.
Map and improve your digital habits
Advanced digital wellness features make it easy to monitor how you use your phone or tablet and develop good digital habits. Monitor your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance with updated weekly reports. You can also use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and professional profiles.
Accessibility for all
One UI 3 recommends convenient accessibility features depending on your usage. Improved accessibility links make it easier to launch and use accessibility features. You can use the keyboard input feature to get voice feedback as you type, even when the voice feedback feature is disabled.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now give the app unique access to your microphone, camera or location. All permissions that the application has not used for a certain period of time are automatically revoked. It is no longer possible to give applications permission to always see your location when you are not using it. You need to go to the application’s location permissions page in the settings.
- In clock mode, you can have the time and name of the preset alarm read out when the alarm sounds.
Download Samsung Galaxy A50 Android 11 (One UI 3.1) Update
As you know, Samsung releases updates in batches. And this time, the Android 11 update for the Galaxy A50 is being released in batches. The update is currently available in India, but other regions will soon follow.
If you are using the Indian option, you may have already received the update over the airwaves. And if not, it won’t be long before you get the latest Android 11 update for your Galaxy A50. Sometimes users do not receive update notifications. In this case, you can manually check for updates by going to Settings > Software Update.
Update 1: Unlocked Galaxy A50 gets update in US
Samsung begins rolling out the One UI 3.1 update in the US with build number A505U1UEUCDUF1 for the unlocked variant of the Galaxy A50. It also includes a monthly security update starting in June 2021.
You may also want to – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A50
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment box below. Share this article with your friends too.
Other similar articles:The Samsung Galaxy A50 is the first smartphone in the Galaxy A Series. The A50 is a midrange smartphone that comes with a 6.3 inch FHD+ display and a powerful octa-core processor. The camera comes with a 16MP with a variable aperture of f/1.9 and a variable focus of 125 degrees, which provides a good image quality with decent color reproduction. The A50 is also one of the first smartphones to come with an in-display fingerprint sensor.. Read more about samsung a50 android 11 update issues and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Samsung A50 upgrade to Android 11?
So, not too long ago, we posted a post about a new firmware that was just now able to be loaded for the Samsung Galaxy A50, though, more recently, we’ve noticed that this firmware update has been pushed out to the Samsung Galaxy A50. It’s possible that it could also be available for other models of the Galaxy A50, so we thought we should check to see if these other models were able to update to Android 11, since we know that Samsung does update their devices to the latest version of Android pretty quickly, and this new Android 11 version is rumored to be pretty stable, too. According to Samsung, the Galaxy A50 will receive a software update to bring it up to the latest version of Android.
How do I download Android 11 on my Samsung Galaxy A50?
If you are one of the many who have been waiting for Samsung to roll out the Android 11 update for Galaxy A50, you can now download it (only for your Galaxy A50). The official update is now available for download and installation. (To save your precious time, I have the simple tutorial that will guide you through the process) With all the great features of Android 10, it’s easy to forget that Samsung has released another major update in the form of Android 11. If you purchased the Galaxy A50, you’ll get the update automatically. If you don’t, you’ll need to wait. While we still don’t know exactly when the update will roll out, there’s no denying that once it does, it will be an amazing experience.
What is the new update for Samsung A50?
The Galaxy A50 is Samsung’s mid-range 2018 flagship phone, and it’s the latest device to sport the company’s Infinity-O display. This year’s A50 has a new camera setup compared to last year’s model, and while it’s not radically different, some of the new features like Dual Aperture and Smart Select make it a much better all-around camera. If you’re one of the many Android fans who has been waiting for the A50 Android 11 update, you’re finally in luck. According to the latest information, the Galaxy A50 Android 11 update is now available in the stable channel for Galaxy A50 devices in Europe. And it also comes with a bunch of improvements and new features, including support for the new Artificial Intelligence-powered Samsung SmartThings Hub.